Thursday, February 05, 2015

Chills & Thrills {Thriving Thursdays}


Welcome to Thriving Thursdays. I decided to have a day, once a month (maybe more), that I post things that have been inspiring me, motivating me, encouraging me, causing me to be thankful, or that's brought a little light to my day. We all need a little inspiration, a little light for our week and this is my chance to show you mine. I hope maybe you find a little light in these and I'd love to hear what's inspiring you today.

007



As some or none of you may know, photography is an element in my life that I've always found to be artistically and creatively expressive. Even though I never had the technical knowledge that I've begun to obtain in the last three months, it seemed to be something I was growing to love and craft. I've never been able to paint or draw and at my very best, my stick man will resemble something of a tree. So taking pictures seemed to become my brush strokes. (Even though, in my opinion, artists have a harder and more complex job to complete thus, staggeringly more talented)

028

In October, I enrolled with the New York Institute of Photography, which is an online program in Professional Photography, and have enjoyed every moment of it. Even though there is a lot of note taking and theory, I recently came to the end of my first unit, which at the end of every unit (there's six) I have photo projects, an opportunity to put what I've learned into practice. So, with this blabber being blabbed, I decided to share with you some shots I took.

018

Tip: If you're considering starting a blog, I would suggest learning some basic introduction techniques in photography. When I'm browsing blogs, I always feel I am initially pulled in either by the topic of discussion or by some great content photos in their posts! I've been pleasantly surprised at how much this course has helped me with blogging and learning how to catch the eye. You can even find good Youtube videos or if you don't have the time for an extensive course, you can find amazing online classes at A Beautiful Mess.

025

Just so you know, this day was -25° Celcius and the tips of my fingers were starting to fall off. Tip: Fingerless gloves aren't always the way to go, even though they seem like the only option while shooting. Even amidst the cold, this day was beautiful and was a nice escape from excessive note taking inside. I found myself inwardly applauding the sun and how the lighting turned out in these photos. I hope one day to be able to do photography part time, but in the mean time, I'll enjoy it for myself, sculpting and crafting my eye for something even greater. Maybe even you? You can check out my photography blog on the link at the top or my Instagram, both of which I will post shoots I'm hired for or even ones solely done from inspiration. Enjoy!

000

001

004

003

006

011

014

015

027

Yours truly,

The Holistic Darling

No comments :

Post a Comment